We are committed to supporting our instructing lawyers and clients through the provision of an expert opinion which is always relevant, credible, evidence-based and at a proportionate cost.
MA FCA CF MEWI
M: 07775 696809
Fiona Hotston Moore
BSc(Hons) FCA CTA MAE ACFS
Director of Forensic and Advisory Services
M: 07770 642491
Twenty five years on from my first appearance as an expert in Court proceedings I remain passionate about maintaining my reputation as independent expert focussed on providing a balanced and well informed opinion with a high level of personal involvement in and commitment to every case in which I am instructed. I understand, whether “large” or “small”, that every case is vitally important to the Parties and I strive to maintain the same high standards and attention to detail on all matters.
Jon is a qualified chartered accountant, expert witness and corporate finance professional with over 30 years’ practice experience and 25 years’ experience as an expert witness. He co-founded WDF in 2005 with Roger Walton.
Jon specialises in share and business valuation cases and has particular experience in the family courts. He has been instructed as an expert on over 8oo occasions.
In addition to his work as an expert witness Jon also has extensive experience of financial due diligence and investigation work in relation to the acquisition, disposal and valuation of businesses both in the UK and internationally. He has acted as lead advisor to either purchasers or sellers in business sale transactions on over 100 occasions and remains actively involved in this work. He is the founder and Managing Director of JDC Corporate Finance – at www.jdccorporatefinance.co.uk
Jon is a Member of the Expert Witness Institute, has an Advanced Diploma in Corporate Finance and is trained as a single joint expert.
- Numerous instructions in respect of family owned businesses with turnover from £500,000 to £50 million and assets with a negligible value to in excess of £300 million.
- Valuation of a diverse property group owning 147 properties overseas and in the UK through a complex group of limited companies, LLP and unincorporated business structures.
- Valuation of a Championship Football Club.
- Valuation of a £50 million EBITDA business at three alternative dates over a period of 30+ years.
- Valuation of a controlling interest in an emerging Fintech company with a recent history of successful off-market share issues.
- One of three experts providing a valuation on a discounted cash flow basis of a recently restructured property development group comprising over 50 active companies, including evidence in the High Court.
- Valuation of a significant mineral extraction group with interests in the UK, South America and Africa.
I enjoy the challenge as a forensic accountant of applying my technical knowledge and commercial experience in a financial investigation and endeavouring to distil the financial information to produce a report which is of value to the user ( which can include the court, legal counsel or client). No two assignments are the same and I relish the opportunity to work alongside other professionals in facilitating a solution to a financial dispute.
Fiona is a qualified chartered accountant and chartered tax adviser with over 25 years’ experience providing taxation, accounting and strategic advice to entrepreneurs, start-ups, international groups and household names.
As a forensic accountant and accredited expert witness Fiona has experience in a variety of matters including family matters, commercial disputes, tax and professional negligence claims.
She has been instructed in approximately 300 matters and has given evidence in Court and Tax Tribunals.
Her experience in business valuations covers a very wide range of sectors including property, retail, construction, financial services, farming, professional services, media, manufacturing and technology.
- Single joint expert providing an opinion on the tax liabilities on a number of property interests and other assets held by the parties
- Acting as a party expert for the defence on a professional negligence claim relating to a film scheme
- Single joint expert providing a valuation of a logistics business, giving an opinion on relevant tax matters and a separate report on the accuracy of the business records
- Investigation into employee fraud in the financial services sector
- Party adviser to a one party in a long-term shareholder dispute and facilitating and overseeing agreement on the dissolution of the property and business interests.
- Acting as party expert on a number of professional negligence tax cases regarding entrepreneur’s relief, employee benefit trusts and remuneration trusts.
- Acting as single joint expert in a complex family dispute giving an opinion on valuation of a number of businesses and involving complex share rights.