– An independent expert report on the alleged expense fraud by the CEO of a substantial charity. The report was provided to assist the trustees and legal advisers in relation to an employment dispute.
– Acting as forensic accountant in relation to the suspected misappropriation of assets and misuse of business property by an employee. We reviewed the business records and provided a report to the board on our view of the quantum of fraud in various areas. The report assisted in the recovery of a large sum from the employee.
– Acting as forensic accountant to a financial services group in relation to suspected fraud by the financial controller. We identified a number of fraudulent transactions and provided input facilitating the recovery of funds from the individual.
– Investigating a suspected fraud by a director in a shareholder dispute involving the misuse of business assets and the diversion of company funds to his personal account. We identified a number of areas of misappropriation of funds and company property. As a result of our work the shareholders reached agreement on the sale of shares to remove one party.
– Acting for a tax payer in relation to a dispute with HMRC regarding tax fraud. Our work included reviewing a large number of bank accounts and property transactions to reconcile unexplained transactions. Following a number of meetings with HMRC we reached an agreement with HMRC on the tax liabilities arising from undisclosed income and gains and prosecution was avoided.
– Conducting an investigation into suspected internal fraud by a hotel porter. The independent investigation assisted the board in dealing with the disciplinary matter. Following this we advised on appropriate internal controls.