Business valuation - general
– Valuation of the constituent elements of the intangible assets on an acquisition to assist the group auditors in assessing the appropriate accounting treatment. Our work included a number of complex discounted cash flow forecasts.
– A valuation of a group of companies in the construction sector as single joint expert. The report considered the diversion of profits. We also considered the tax consequences of a potential disposal of business interests.
– A report as single joint expert on the valuation of a number of businesses in the tourism sector including holiday home parks. Our report also covered methods of extracting cash and inherent tax liabilities. The valuation included consideration of a complex share structure with various classes of shareholders.
– A report as party expert on the valuation of a technology business in relation to a shareholder dispute. Our report considered the appropriate minority discount in a number of scenarios.
– A report as party expert on the value of an agency business in relation to a dispute arising on the termination of the agency. Our report assessed the loss in a number of scenarios. Our expert gave evidence in the High Court.
– Various independent expert determination reports appointed under the terms of the Articles of Association of private companies.